Scent from Above


posted by herSKINe Beauty on , ,

1 comment

LAB 002: Heaven Scent
Date: 5/20/2013
Lab Partners: Jo Malone  London


Introduction:  Jo Malone is a bespoke fragrance house for perfumerias (if this is not found in Merriam Webster it should be) like myself.  The brand offers a wide array of notes  (spicy happens to be mine) that can be combined and layered with one another to create your own personal fragrance.  It's easy to spend hours at the counter while you explore the vast amounts of goodies.  And I dare not forget to mention their impeccable customer service and packaging.  I always leave feeling like royalty.

Materials:  My signature scent, Vanilla & Anise combined with Blue Agave & Cacao

Procedure:  While I don't use the body wash, I do finish this intimate encounter with one of my two favorite fragrances' bath oil on damp skin and follow up with the body creme.  We usually meet twice a day, which leaves my bed smelling like the night before ;-).  In the morning I do however splash on one (or sometimes both) of the two scents and voila....I'm ready to take on the world!

Data: Besides shoes and bags, perfume has to be one thing that I will sacrifice an entire paycheck for.  Well, maybe not the entire check, but let's just say that tuna sandwiches and Ramen noodles are on heavy rotation for those 2 weeks.  I mean these things are investments right?  Exactly!!!!! So, a fragrance set that will set you back a few hundred is just what a lady needs to complete the package.  Presentation is key and how you smell is essential to a complete package.  So while I have MANY in my arsenal (and I mean MANY)  Jo Malone has to be one of my most coveted brands when it comes to perfumes.  When you are stopped by men, women, and children asking what you are wearing you know you're making a statement.

Results:  Let's just Vanilla & Anise combined with Blue Agave & Cacao is my milkshake that brings all the boys to the yard.  The scent is not overpowering AT ALL, which makes it perfect for those who are sensitive to perfume.

Conclusion:  Hands down....the best brand to begin your love affair with luxury fragrances.  My olfactory system does a happy dance every time we meet.  They offer a myriad of scents and I guarantee, YOU WILL find that one that will make you swoon!

References:  Don't believe me, click here to check them out for yourself.  Don't be fooled my the names....they will surprise you at how yummy they actually smell on!  Let me know if you are familiar and if so, what is your signature scent.

1 comment